Update for parents and carers: Thursday 16th September 2021:
Our school motto guides us to ‘learn to love’ all people made in equal in the image and likeness of God. We follow the commands of God and love everybody as equals.
We pray for all people who continue to be affected by this Coronavirus pandemic.
Lord in your mercy.
Hear our pray.
We pray to our year group patrons to guide and inspire us:
St John Bosco, St John Paul 11, St Catherine of Siena, St Elizabeth of Hungary and St Teresa of Calcutta – pray for us.
We are delighted with the magnificent start that pupils have made to this academic year! Pupils look smart in their uniforms, are punctual, are in possession of the correct equipment and are demonstrating positive attitudes to learning in their lessons. Pupils are ambitious in what they want to achieve and are showing a real desire to succeed. We are confident that pupils will maintain these very high standards in the weeks and months ahead.
Huge progress continues to be made in our School Expansion Buildings Project!
· Six new classrooms in St Chad’s building!
· A new and extended Library!
· Opening of a brand new School Kitchen!
· Re-opening of an improved Small Canteen!
· Our new Sports Hall and Inclusion block are really starting to take shape!
The project is still on course to be fully completed by January 24th 2022!
Extract of key information sent by the DFE to all Educational Settings last night (14th September):
Young people aged 12 to 15 to be offered a COVID-19 vaccine. ‘The Health and Social Care Secretary has announced that young people aged 12 to 15 in England will be offered one dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, following advice from the four UK Chief Medical Officers (CMOs).
The main purpose of the COVID-19 childhood vaccination programme is to provide protection to the children who receive the vaccine and help to reduce transmission of COVID-19 in the wider population.
Healthy school-aged children aged 12 to 15 will primarily receive their COVID-19 vaccination in their school (with alternative provision for those who are home schooled), in secure services or specialist mental health settings.
Like all school-based vaccination programmes, the vaccine will be administered by healthcare staff with appropriate qualifications who are trained in the vaccination of children and young people’.
Senior Leadership will be attending Webinars on the proposed Vaccine Programme in Schools in the coming days. More information to be shared with parents as and when we receive and understand it.
Reminder of some key Covid Safety reminders:
· Children should only isolate if they have tested positive for Covid19. If children have been identified as a ‘close contact’ of someone who has tested positive, they will not be required to isolate but will be ‘advised’ to take a PCR test by NHS Track and Trace.
· Staff and pupils are still expected to remain off from school if they are displaying main Covid symptoms and are advised to book a PCR test. Main symptoms remain; a new or continuous cough, a loss of or change to taste or smell and a high temperature / fever.
· Face coverings are not expected to be worn in school by pupils or staff. School will support pupils and staff who wish to continue wearing a face covering as an additional support in any crowded areas.
· Schools are encouraged to maintain established and strong practices regarding ventilation and hygiene. Pupils and staff to still regularly wash and sanitise their hands. Classroom doors and windows to remain open during lessons.
* Two Covid tests have now been administered to all youngsters in school.
* Thank you for your continued diligence and support, in maintaining twice weekly Covid tests at home for your children.
Some key dates and information for this half-term:
· 22nd, 23rd and 24th September: Year 7 Academic CATs Testing
· 27th September: Open Morning 1. We welcome Year 6 Parents and their families to come into and view our school in full operation, as they prepare to make admissions choices for September 2022
· 29th September: Open Morning 2. We welcome Year 6 Parents and their families to come in and view our school in full operation, as they prepare to make admissions choices for September 2022
· 30th September: Year 10 HPV Immunisations
· 6th & 7th October: Year 9 Parents Evening using ‘School Cloud’
· 20th & 21st October: Year 7 Parents Evening using ‘School Cloud’
· 22nd October: Last day of this half-term. Followed by half-term holiday!
· 1st November: INSET Day for Staff only: Performance Management
In addition, please look out for some extra-curricular PE opportunities that are available to youngsters.
Please access the School Calendar from this Website for further information.
Can I please ask that parents continue to be mindful of a number of parking restrictions, at, or near to, our Oakley Road Entrance point. Thank you for your continued diligence and consideration when dropping off and collecting your children.
The continued strong partnership between school and home, is at the foundation of the successes that we continue to celebrate.
Please look out for any further information via text message, pupil email, ‘Microsoft Teams’ messages, updates to this website, or letters posted to your homes.
Wishing you a restful, peaceful and happy ending to this summer break.
Headteacher: Holy Trinity Catholic School
Accounting Officer: St Teresa of Calcutta Multi-Academy Company