“Without confidence and love, there can be no true education. If you want to be loved…you must love yourselves, and make your children feel that you love them.” Saint Don Bosco
In Don Bosco House we provide a safe and nurturing environment for both short and longer term intervention. We accept referrals from across the school, offering a temporary solution for sometimes the most complex of situations with a great deal of success.
We offer support and guidance to some of the school’s most vulnerable students, provide a work space for students who are unable to access mainstream education and facilitate the reintegration back into the classroom of others.
The role of Don Bosco House is an integral part of the school community and impacts positively upon student wellbeing, improving attendance and the inclusivity of our school.
The top ten reasons that students are referred to Don Bosco House:
- Medical referrals.
- New starters/ reintegration from fixed term exclusion
- Poor attenders/ those at risk of becoming a school refuser
- Students who have been withdrawn from a particular subject area
- SEN/ support with additional needs
- Bereavement support
- EAL intervention/ support
- Access arrangement support with assessments
- Emotional wellbeing/ mental health support
Staff:Don Bosco House is staffed throughout the week. It is covered daily from 8.10am starting with breakfast club.
Staff are available each break and lunch time too.
- Miss E Yanez – Teacher of MFL and SENCo.
- Miss S Ormsby – Inclusion Manager.
- Miss S Dhir – HLTA EAL specialist.
- Miss N Ross – SEN specialist TA.
- Mrs N Ilahi – EAL specialist TA.
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”